Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2004 00:08:26 GMT
From:      santosh <sonu3993@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/71478: NIS/NFS: res_mkquery failed

>Number:         71478
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       NIS/NFS: res_mkquery failed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
    We have been using FreeBSD as server last 2 years without any problems at all.
    My formerly beautiful NIS system is now acting strangely.  I'm getting lots of res_mkquery failures, and now ypserv will often refuse to start up, giving me the message:
	unable to register (YPPROG, YPOLDVERS, udp)

man pages don't seem to be helpful on these errors (unless I'm missing
something?).

Today my problem is exacerbated by my nfsd getting send error 32 over and
over.  I'm not sure where to look to find what that means.

Suggestions on debugging this would be much appreciated.

Regards
Santosh