Date:      Fri, 2 May 1997 20:36:33 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WD and SD drives with NCR 53C400 card

Frank Seltzer scribbled this message on May 2:
> I am trying to put together a FreeBSD box that will boot from a 120 meg
> IDE drive. As I know that this is too small a drive to be very functional,
> I am trying to back this with a 1 gig SCSI drive. I don't have a supported
> bootable SCSI adapter, but I do have a Trantor T130B that I have been
> using for my CD. I can not make sysinstall see the SCSI drive, all it sees
> is the IDE. Is it possible to make this combination work?

it should work fine...  just use the nca device driver... the T130B is an
8bit board based on the NCR53C400 or Zilog chips right?

I had a similar board that I used for scsi before I got a real scsi card...

I'm not sure if the boot.flp has the nca device though...

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD