Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 14:38:50 +0530 (IST)
From:      Prasad Chemburkar <prasad@usa.ltindia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound blaster configuration

hi!
everyone

i am trying to install creative sound blaster card 16 on my freebsd
server. i have installed following lines in my new kernel as follows

# Controls all sound devices
# snd: Voxware sound support code
controller      snd0
# sb: SoundBlaster PCM - SoundBlaster, SB Pro, SB16, ProAudioSpectrum
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
# sbxvi: SoundBlaster 16
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5 conflicts
# sbmidi: SoundBlaster 16 MIDI interface
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330

and recompiled ther kernel, everything went smooth then i executed
following command

	# /dev/MAKEDEV snd

which created snd0 file in /dev directory, but after rebooting system the
sound doesnt get detected. while booting it said

	sb0 not found at 0x220
	sbmidi0 not found at 0x330
	sbvxi0 not found

i checked the card with same i/o and irq on win95 m/c and it worked. can
anyone please guide me on this topic

Thanks in advance.

prasad