Date:      Thu, 9 May 1996 12:58:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, chat@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4BSD book

On Tue, 7 May 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:

> On Tue, 7 May 1996, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
>
> > Chuck Robey wrote:

> > > I'd love a copy.  Do publishers allow group buys on new books?  I bet
> > > that there'd be a lot of FreeBSDers who want that book!
> >
> > 	the publisher is addison-wesley.  i got this one from
> > 	computer lieracy www.clbooks.com
> >
> > 	you used to mention a place called readme.com?  that sold books
> > 	at a reasonable discount?  perhaps we could arrange a group purchase
> > 	from them.  people could send in checks and then have the
> > 	books deliver to one person in each city.  everyone else goes
> > 	to see that one person to get their copy.  might save on shipping,
> > 	if not then just ship each to each person direct.
>
> Good idea.  It's Readme.Doc, and it's too late in the day to call them
> now, but I'll check tomorrow and report back to the list.  I wouldn't
> mind organizing it either (I could collect the money, I suppose, deal
> with Readme.Doc, whatever)

I haven't received the other posting yet concerning the details of the
group buy, but please include me in the list of those that wants (well...
needs) a copy.

As well, if it helps any with the shipping, I'm willing to act as a
hub for the toronto area so that shipping can go to one business address
and ppl can pick it up from here.

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org