Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 00:04:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Kirchner <dpk@eskimo.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        Stanislav Protasov <st@falcon.ru>, terry@lambert.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Goldstar IDE CD-ROM

On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > I have installed GoldStar 542 IDE CD-ROM in my machine and
> > enable ide cd-rom support in kernel. During startup the
> > system (FreeBSD 2.1-Release) writes the following:
> >
> > wdc1: unit 1 (atapi): <                    \^B   1.40
> > GCD-R542/>, accel, ovlap
> > wdc1: unit 1: unknown ATAPI protocol=3
> >
> > And of course I can't use the cd. Is it possible to make it
> > work?

	My problem is sort of like that, and I found out it is due to a bad
memory chip. Try testing all your SIMMs. Also, what kind of CPU do you
have?

	Btw, I have a Reveal GCD-R542B (interesting that they have the same
number) Another btw, it says 'ATAPI streaming tapes not supported yet' on
my system.

- David Kirchner - dpk@eskimo.com -