Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 2009 05:07:15 +0000
From:      dhaneshk k <dhaneshkk@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OOo3.1 binary addition makes firefox,evolution  unlaunchable from desktop

fellow FreeBSDians=2C

  I am  facing    gnome2  issues in freebsd7.2

I installed freebsd7.2  in an IBMT60 lenova notebook=2C(  coreduoe 2.16 Ghz=
=2C IGB ram=2C ATI graphics)

   I  done  pkg_add  -r xorg=2C fine created xorg.conf  and tested   with  =
-retro option=2C  then got  mouse detected with blank screen.  I used hald =
and dbus in  rc.conf.

Then I installed     gnome   by    pkg_add -r gnome2 =2C  fine   enabled  g=
dm in rc.conf  and able to login and can use  Desktop .  I can chage Deskto=
p background with  .jpeg files
everything fine.

 But when Idownloaded  OOo3.1 binaries for 7.2 release from=20

http://lamarelle.lautre.net/OOo/   and   pkg_add locally

=2C then it failed =2C asking me to   install python26.x =2C jbigkit=2C    =
latest   gnutls  & jpeg from ports  instead of what I have in this box=2C t=
hen  cups-base=2C cups-image=2C cups-client etc  .

I installed python26=2C jbigkit=2C cups-base=2C cups-image=2C cups-client. =
  I deinstalled gnutls & jpeg ports and installed  again them.  after this =
    OOo got installed  and working fine. =20

But after I rebooted the machine    but issues=20

    1)   firefox browser can't launch =2C what I made wrong how to fix it?
    2) Ekiga softphone =2C Epiphany webbrowser can't launch.  how to fix ?
   3)in Sound&Video Movie player =2C swfdec Flash player etch can't launch =
=20
   4) Evolution Mail & calender also can't launced.
   5) I can't change  Desktop background with  .jpeg files =2C  but .png  w=
all papers worked for desktop backgroud. ? =20

what I made wrong=2C  how can I fix  these issues=2C   I really need  a Fre=
eBSD7.2  Desktop in my  this notebook=2C=20

Please help me with your suggestions & expertise=2C  All help much apprecia=
ted.

Thanks in advance=20
Dhanesh

 		 	   		 =20
Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop=