Date:      Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:41:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        jhb@freebsd.org
Cc:        guru@sisis.de, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.4-REL && PCMCIA APA-1460

In message: <200510211532.05780.jhb@freebsd.org>
            John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> writes:
: On Thursday 20 October 2005 10:54 pm, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message: <20051020074410.GA3210@rebelion.Sisis.de>
: >
: >             guru@Sisis.de writes:
: > : Hello,
: > :
: > : I've the above system and when I insert the PCMCIA card APA-1460
: > : it is mentioned in /var/log/messages as:
: > :
: > : ct 20 09:16:47 rebelion kernel: aic1: <Adaptec, Inc. APA-1460 SCSI Host
: > : Adapter> at port 0x340-0x35f irq 11 function 0 config 9 on pccard1 Oct 20
: > : 09:16:47 rebelion kernel: aic1: AIC6360, dma, disconnection, parity
: > : check, fast SCSI
: > :
: > : but nothing more happens and no device shows up; do I miss something? I
: > : know that the same old card was supported years agon in my older notebook
: > : running 2.2.x FreeBSD,
: >
: > camcontrol rescan all
:
: Should that be automatic though?  Should the aic_pccard attachment kick off an
: xpt bus scan when it attaches?

I tried to make it automatic.  The code seemed to work.  Justin backed
it out because it was WRONG.  I understood the explaination at the
time, but cannot for the life of me bring it back to mind.  The
exchanged happened during one of my memory holes[*], so I can't check
on the details.

Warner

[*] I have a couple periods of time that I lost all my email during in
my email archive...