Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:13:03 -0500
From:      Kris Yates <kris@2binteractive.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /etc/sysctl.conf

Please send replies to me as I do not have time to check this list as
often as I would like...

I just cvsup'ed to 4.8 stable branch and making changes.  I recentlyl
found this mod for sysctl.conf:

net.inet.tcp.blackhole=2
net.inet.udp.blackhole=1
kern.ps_showallprocs=0

So I added these three lines.

1) Can someone email me the URL to where in the manual covers all my
options in regards to adding kernel values to sysctl.conf? or otherwise
a URL to some guru's page that discusses sysctl.conf?

2) Do I have to reboot or restart a process after modifying sysctl.conf?

Though I have been BSD'ing it for many many years, I never seem to run
out of newbie sounding questions!  Thanks as always. FBSD rules.  'nuff
said.

Kris