Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:59:01 +1100
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        LuKreme <kremels@kreme.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Issues with postmaster after freebsd-update

On 14/02/2014 11:27 AM, LuKreme wrote:

> On 13 Feb 2014, at 17:03 , Janky Jay, III <jankyj@unfs.us> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> 	I've ran into a few of these same sort of issues in the paste.
>>
>> What I did to fix it:
>>
>> 1) Migrate to pkgng. It looks like you already have based on the ports-mgmt/pkg udpate. But, then I see your "pkg_install" error which leads me to believe you haven't fully migrated. Just take a quick peek athttp://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/pkgng-intro.html and maybe try it again.
>
> I have tried several times. I thought I had changed successfully under 8.2, but evidently not. I can't get it to compile now, and postmaster doesn't see it.
>
>  # portmaster -l | grep pkg
> pkg: not found
> ===>>> pkgconf-0.9.3
>
>> 2) Manually deinstall the problematic port. IE...:
>>
>> # cd /usr/ports/graphics/py-clutter && make deinstall
>
> The directory does not exist. Portmaster does not see the port as being installed. It seems to me that it is listed as a dependency by something else.
>
> # portmaster -l | grep clutt
> pkg: not found
> ===>>> clutter-1.0.10_2
> ===>>> clutter-gtk-0.10.2_5
> ===>>> py26-clutter-1.0.0_2
> ===>>> py26-cluttergtk-0.9.3_2
> ===>>> clutter-cairo-0.8.2_1
>
> I suppose I can delete py26-clutter (or heck, all of them).

Hi, sorry to hear about your crappy upgrade experience, the FreeBSD base
and ports team do try very hard to ensure as seamless an experience as
possible. On the upside, getting feedback is great, so thanks for
letting us know.

Just as an additional heads up, Python 2.6 expired (EoL upstream) and
was removed from the ports tree on Jan 1 2014. You'll want to upgrade
all your Python bits to 2.7

If you need help or have questions, don't hesitate to jump on IRC, we're
here to help on #freebsd-python (freenode)

./koobs