Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:39:59 -0500
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "James Gill" <gill@topsecret.net>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: #make problem

Hi,

    You will have to install the ports tree, dont worry about disk space, it
will only create a directory structure, with the names of the programs that
you can install, and also it will grab the patches for the programs to work
well on FreeBSD, and then, you will have to mount your cdroom (the one with
the tar files in it) in /usr/ports/distfiles, and then:

cd /usr/ports/net/bind8
make
make install
and you are done.