Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 09:08:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        tom@sdf.com, brian@awfulhak.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio flow control problems with 2.2?

> This is why there are stone tablets in a cave on Mt. Ararat which
> (loosely translated) say:
>
> 	"Thou shalt not set the port speed higher than the committed
> 	 data rate for the communications device unless thine flow
> 	 control is active and trustworthy".

which was my question in the first place.. do I have working flow
control ? I just don't know how broken are my internal modems. In my
case, with a 28.8 modem, even stty speed 19200 causes the same failure.
That would suggest a problem at the receive side, except that I don't
know how constant is the modem speed over time...

	Cheers
	Luigi