Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:08:32 +0600 (ESS)
From:      Victor M <vit@gus.orgus.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   modem

My FreeBSD2.2.8 serves as a terminal server for the dialup clients using
ppp protocol. For that I run daemon pppd (not tunnel ppp).

The question is is it possible to reset the modem directly from shell
without powering it off?
 These modems (analog Courier V.34) sometimes sticks, that is not put the
receiver down after the connection is terminated and I want to reset them
automatically.

Victor.