Date:      Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:03:43 -0700
From:      ao-freebsd@replic.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Growfs and GConcat

 Hello,

 I've added another disk to a gconcat system by remaking the device with another drive on the list. After doing this I can remount the filesystem and it comes up without any problems, however when I try to grow the UFS filesystem it fails.

root@shakezula:~# growfs /dev/concat/data
growfs: we are not growing (2047999999->195180543)
root@shakezula:~# growfs -s 1 /dev/concat/data
growfs: we are not growing (2047999999->0)

 Is there another more correct method to do this, or has anyone done this successfully?

 Thanks in advance,

-Bri