Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:30:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, webmaster@deancare.com
Subject:   Re: DNS can't resolve a single domain

>Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:18:40 -0500
>From: Jack Wenger <webmaster@deancare.com>

>This is a strange one. I'm running split DNS and my internal nameserver
>can't resolve one domain. The domain in question is baraboonational.com. I
>can resolve it outside of my firewall, but not inside. Everything else
>resolves. I've added the IP and host/domain name to a couple of
>workstations and they then can see the sight. Would someone who knows more
>about DNS please help me?

Hmmm....  You might try looking at the file created as a result of "ndc
dumpdb", to see if the domain is mentioned there.  (The activity in
question is suggested against the internal nameserver.)

You might also try doing an "nslookup" in debug mode, to find out what
queries are being issued.

Cheers,
david
--
David Wolfskill		dhw@whistle.com		UNIX System Administrator
voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (888) 347-0197	FAX: (650) 372-5915