Date:      Sun, 02 Nov 1997 22:31:26 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Paul Emerson <paul@gta.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Libretto 50 - US Version and PAO

In message <199711030426.VAA05318@rocky.mt.sri.com> Nate Williams writes:
: > Questions.
: >
: > 1. Has anyone installed FreeBSD (PAO 2.2.2) on a English version Libretto 50?
:
: Warner Losh has.

I have installed it, but Paul's problems sound real familiar to me as
well.

: > 2. Are there any known problems with this version of the Libretto?
:
: Yes, you cannot charge them while running.

I can't get the 3C589D card that i have working at all on my FreeBSD
boot.

: > 3. Is it possible that my L50 has some problem specific to it? (I have used
: > all these cards with Win95 just fine).
:
: Possibly, since PAO was developed on a L50, it's running on one English
: L50 that I know of.  Do these cards work in the Win95 that was installed
: on the Libretto, or just on other machines with Win95?

Actually, according to the PAO web page, the testbed was the L30.
Maybe something changed between the two of them?  I have FreeBSD
running on my machine, but it doesn't seem to grok the 3com card, so
i've not been able to upgrade to -current.

One oddity of the libretto 50CT (and maybe others) is that it doesn't
have a 12V line for pc card slot 0.  The linksys ethernet card i tried
first didn't work under win95, but the 3com 3c589d card works great.  in
fact, i'm typing using the 3com card right now on the libretto runing
win95.

So i can report partial success on my libretto.  Rumors were at LISA
that Linux worked on this box, but i've not seen it actually running.

I don't have a scsi card yet, so i can't comment on that.

oh, i just noticed that on win95 irq 15 is used for this, as well as
i/o addresses 0x0110 to 0x011f.  i'll have to see if i can make
freebsd us those parameters.....  so i'll reboot now and try :-).

Warner