Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:55:49 +0100
From:      Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.co.yu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Atheros wireless card channel conflict - unable to reset hardware

> I just replaced my Dell E1505's Intel 3945ABG wireless card with an
> Atheros AR5006EX card that I purchased from a person in Hong Kong and I
> live in the USA. The card works great under Windows but when ath0 starts
> up in FreeBSD, it gets the following errors which renders the card
> useless until I restart and choose a particular channel specified with
> ifconfig in /etc/rc.conf that is not channel 8 or 12. I have read
> another post somewhat similar to mine, but I have not had any luck
> Channel   8 : 2447* Mhz 11a 11g   Channel  60 : 5300* Mhz 11a
> Channel  12 : 2467* Mhz 11a 11g   Channel 137 : 4960  Mhz 11a

Have you seen that channels 8 and 12 were a and g, and the rest just g?
To shoot in the dark: maybe your lapper has option in bios to allow/refuse
something for wifi card, ready for native intel one. Or is wifi router
just misconfigured for your needs. I have wrt54gl and no a to try with.
Would be nice to post the results, when you find out.

                                    Zoran