Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:53:53 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za (John Hay), lance@woodson.com (Lance Woodson), freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No PC-CARD Slots; Device Not Configured

> In message <200003142009.WAA51181@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za> John Hay writes:
> : I have seen this also when trying to install a 802.11 WaveLAN pcmcia
> : card in a normal PC with a PCI-PCMCIA bridge. In my case the bridge
> : is a TI PCI-1225. From looking at sys/pci/pcic_p.c I'm starting to
> : think the probe messages is just printed, but there is nothing
> : hooking the card into the rest of the pccard/pcmcia stuff... but
> : I might be wrong. :-)
> :
> : Here is the dmesg of a boot -v session in case someone have a clue
> : about how these things should work.
>
> Looks like the TI parts aren't being put into legacy mode.  Don't know
> why that's the case.  I'll see if I can find a way to do that from the
> datasheets that I have.

What is supposed to do that? In my case the TI PCI-1225 is on a PCI card,
plugged into a normal PC (not a notebook), so there is probably no special
BIOS that will do it, if that is what is supposed to do it.

I'm trying to figure out how the code works, but I'm haveing a hard time
with it. Is the probe/attach code in sys/pci/pcic_p.c just a fake to
print the nice message during probe and should the chip actually be
probed again in the sys/pccard/* part or how does it fit together?

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za