Date:      17 Sep 1998 13:36:13 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Co=EFdan?=  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        Hostas Red <kong@kong.spb.ru>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: strange things

Hostas Red <kong@kong.spb.ru> writes:
> kong@kong:~> ping www.freebsd.org
> PING freefall.freebsd.org (204.216.27.21): 56 data bytes
> ping: sendto: No buffer space available
> [...]
> When i use
> ifconfig xl0 down

This shouldn't be necessary.

If you type 'ifconfig xl0' at this point, is the OACTIVE flag set?

Do you run NFS?

Can you identify a specific action that triggers this, such as
starting or ending a large NFS transfer?

> ifconfig xl0 up
> everything works again, but time passes and again 'No buffer space...'

Sounds very much like the good ol' ep bug that made me switch to fxp
across the slate. (Well, it wasn't the only reason, but it was an
important motivation. Getting rid of my last ISA boards was another.)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - dag-erli@ifi.uio.no