Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:56:19 -0400
From:      "Jeays, Mike - SDD/DDS" <mike.jeays@statcan.ca>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:    RE: installation problem

I reported a similar problem about a week ago, but did not get any
suggestions.  I suspect it is related to older CD-ROM drives; I was using a
Toshiba IDE 4x drive.  It works properly with FreeBSD 2.2.1, Linux
(Slackware, kernel 2.0.34) and Win95.

Can you quote the exact error message?  On mine, it seems to be almost, or
exactly, at the start of trying to read from the CD.  I am not keen to
re-try at the moment, as I have Linux successfully installed on that machine
:-(