Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:10:43 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Subject:   Re: display and manipulate math symbols?

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 10:55:34PM +0100, Polytropon wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 21:04:41 +0100, Ond??ej Majerech <oxyd.oxyd@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As I guess the main reason for wanting to move symbols around visually
> > is so that you don't have to remember tons of TeX sequences, this
> > could be rather helpful.
>
> There was a tool called LyX; I have to admit that I never
> used it, but maybe it also contains a mouse-driven editing
> mechanism for formulas.

	lyx is there, in ports/print/lyx.  given all the work it takes to
	create what i'm thinking of, it makes sense to do it via the
	keyboard. --and even then, you may not get it right for several
	tries.  i was thinking of simple things like, say, the integral
	from 0 to pi dxdy; ormaybe the nth root of x-to-the-yth power.

	then i saw how messy thing can get and i understand why no one has
	done this before!

	thanks, gents.

	gary

--