Date:      Sun, 18 May 1997 23:39:21 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        davem@caip.rutgers.edu (David S. Miller), terry@lambert.org, deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jb@freebsd1.cimlogic.com.au
Subject:   Re: GNAT-pthreads integration bugs/questions

>>    > Put it at the bottom on the threads stack...
>>
>>    There is no threads stack in an rfork.
>>
>> A thread lacks a stack with rfork(), is this what you are
>> saying?  How in the world does this work?
>>
>Why does rfork need to be concerned with a stack?  It can
>be handled in userland.
>
>John

It sounds to me like using the base of the stack would be an excelent
and cheap way to implement the equivelent of NT's "thread local
storage".  You'd need toolchain support at the very least with the
program image specifying the amount of stack space to "reserve".

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations