Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 10:59:27 -0400
From:      "Brian" <ircd@wrath.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Dual Ppro motherboards

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for.. but

You can buy a pair of Pentium II 400's for around $70/each brand new (used
processors make me leery).  You can also buy a dual slot1 board for around
$80 off eBay if you're patient.

For example, I bought a Intel N440BX for just under $80 including shipping
and handling.  It's a pretty nice board with onboard scsi, fast ethernet,
and video but it has a limit of what kind of processors it can use--the
limit being katmai's.

I still like my SuperMicro P6DBE better though.

Just some more options to make you think a little more.

And you'll like SMP, I'll never purchase another uniprocessor machine again.

-Brian