Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:30:09 +0200
From:      Oren Sarig <sarig@bezeqint.net>
To:        "James L. Skidmore" <skidmore@hotbot.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: location of build directory?

> On another note, after building a new kernel for FreeBSD (which by
the way is much easier to do in FreeBSD than Linux), I noticed it was
trying to load /boot/kernel.conf which I'm guessing is created by
default and loaded by /boot/loader.conf. I could not find in info from
the Complete FreeBSD book or man pages on the values that can be
created in /boot/kernel.conf. Would someone point me in the right
direction as to where I can find some info about this file?

When you boot fbsd, and you get that 10-second delay where you are
prompted to press enter to boot or any other key to get a menu, press
any other key (yep, that's the key on your keyboard that says "any
other" :)

Then, type "help", and look at the commands. You can use these
commands in /boot/kernel.conf

--
Oren Sarig
sarig@bezeqint.net