Date:      Wed, 17 May 1995 11:07:17 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Ivan Lima <ivan@nauplius.rsmas.miami.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SNAP 950412 & 3com509

>	Hi folks, I just upgraded to the SNAP 950412 to make the
>system recognize my Colorado tape drive and it does now. But the
>problem is that I can't ftp or connect to remote hosts. The e-mail and
>connection to hosts in my site works fine. My ethernet board is a
>3com509 and I read something in the newsgroup about problems with
>SNAP-950412 and 3com509 boards. Does anyone know the solution for this
>problem?
>
>	Since I'm not a subscriber to questions-FreeBSD, I'd
>appreciate if you would email your answers/suggestions directly to me.
>
>Thanks a lot,
>
>-ivan-
>ivan@nauplius.rsams.miami.edu

Does the ep0 device get probed?  Most likely there is a conflict between
the ethernet card and some other periferal.  If you don't want to rebuild
a kernel, you can try disabling any of the devices you don't need from the'
boot -c "userconfig" screen.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1