Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2000 20:41:58 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: moving manpages out of /sys/modules

John Baldwin wrote:

> Sounds good to me.  Although, I really agree with Bruce's sentiment
> to just axe the things.  'joy' is very worthless since you can already
> do 'kdload joy', or add 'joy_load="YES"' to /boot/loader.conf.  Also,
> 'linux', 'osf1', etc. are also rather useless since we have
> 'linux_compat', 'osf1_compat' knobs in rc.conf already.  I'd vote to
> just kill the trivial scripts and just keep the manpages.

If sysinstall has been taken into account WRT to loading the linux
module after installing the linux_base package, then I approve of
removing linux.sh. It was my impression Sheldon was working towards
removing the script as well as working on the manpages.

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org