Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:45:02 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   net80211+atheros changes (updated)

http://www.freebsd.org/~sam/net80211+ath-20041013.tgz has an updated
backport of the work I've done in Linux.

These changes are against current; they may apply against other recent
branches but code will not compile because of recent additions to current.

To apply these changes to a clean current tree do something like:

cd /usr/src
tar zxf net80211+ath-20041013.tgz
sh doit

then rebuild modules and/or kernels.

Note that the 802.11 code has been broken up into multiple modules that
either need to be built or specifed in your kernel config file.  Module
dependencies should handle most issues on load. To get WEP support you
need to specify

device wlan_wep

in your kernel config file or build the wlan_wep module.  Similarly for
tkip and ccmp crypto support.

The tx rate control algorithm for the Atheros driver has broken out into
a separate module.  As above you need ath_rate_onoe for the usual
algorithm.  There is also an amrr algorithm that can be specified with
ath_rate_amrr.

This version should include working crypto support for the ath driver.
I have not tested other drivers; I expect wi to work in station mode but
not in hostap mode.  This version should also have the functionality to
support wpa_supplicant and hostapd as WPA supplicant and authenticator,
respectively.

I'm not sure how much time I'll have to respond to issues so please dig
first before asking for help.

	Sam