Date:      Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:27:54 -0600
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MWave modem on Vaio R505EC?

Kevin Oberman wrote:
>>Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 13:43:25 -0400 (EDT)
>>From: Ben Hockenhull <benh@jpj.net>

>>My conclusion that it was an mWave was based on installing both the ltmdm
>>and mwave ports and only getting anything approaching useful out of the
>>mwave port.  Not the most scientific method, I suppose.
>

> Ben,
>
> While I would not lay money on it, I'd guess it's an Agre AC97
> DSP. That is the DSP used in recent Intel ICH chipsets and seems to be
> popping up in a LOT of systems.

According to Sony's support site,

http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/

The R505 series uses the Conexant softmodem.

Has anyone looked at porting http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv to FreeBSD?

-stacy

--
If they keep lowering education standards and raising the price of
gasoline, there are going to be a lot of stupid people walking around.

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited