Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 21:44:44 +0100
From:      Jim Marker <jemstone@ifx.net>
To:        "FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Compaq Deskpro 6000 & ed0?

I just got a Compaq Deskpro 6000 Pent Pro 180 machine with 64 meg of
ram, UW-SCSI 2.0 Gig HD, and CD Drive.  I am using FreeBSD 2.2.2.  The
computer has an on board 10BaseT network adapter that I can't make work.

On boot up with "GENERIC" kernel I get the following for the network
device:
pci0:16 compaq, device=0xae35, class network (misc) int a irq 11 [no
driver assigned]

I've tried:

device ed? at pci?
device ed0 at pci0 port="0xae35" irq 11

and it didn't work.  In fact, no ed0 and no messages that it was even
processed.

I know the 10BaseT is ok, because it worked with win95.

Thanks in advance,

Jim...