Date:      Sun, 1 Apr 2001 15:33:14 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Displaying X in Windows platform

Doug Young <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au> types:
> There doesn't appear to be any documentation on configuring remote X
> installations, at least nowhere I've
> looked to date. I've ordered the System Administrator book but it hasn't
> turned up yet .... is that issue covered therein ??

X is just like any other port - it's documented by the people who
provided it. In this case, the X man page covers it in the section
labelled "DISPLAY NAMES". For most uses, simply set the environment
variable DISPLAY to "remotehost:0.0", or start the application with
"-display remotehost:0.0". If the application is a terminal emulator,
it should set the DISPLAY variable for other applications you launch
from it.

	<mike