Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 14:56:29 -0700
From:      "Jason Beebe" <jason@atalus.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Local Network Config Messed, "Host is Down"

Hi,

Everything had been working for years on my server. However, my server
rebooted (by the colo I believe) and now my network is messed up.
Unfortunately, working with their support has been less than satisfactory,
so I am consulting the experts here.

The network is working properly from an external/remote point of view. I can
ping all IPs and access the domains remotely. However, internally/locally,
the only IP I can ping and access is my original IP. The other two IPs do
not work locally. I cannot ping them or lynx the domains.

ping: sendto: Host is down

I've dealt with this same type of problem a while back on a totally
unrelated box. I believe it was the route tables. I had to do a "route add"
of some sorts.

Can anyone lend me hand? If need be, let me know what info I need to
copy/paste like my ifconfig or route tables.

Thanks in advance!