Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 13:49:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Beitzel <sbeitzel@foobie.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   natd and Battle Com

I have a single IP DSL service, with a FreeBSD machine serving as the gateway
to my home LAN. On my LAN, I have a Windows machine that I use for games,
as well as a couple other computers I use for work. There's some voice over
IP software, Battle Com, that I'd like to use while playing 1st person
shooter games. However, I've had no luck getting it set up. Certainly, the
game box has the hardware and software to support it, but whenever I try to
connect to a server I get an error message that there isn't a server reachable
at that address. From this I conclude that natd isn't redirecting packets
properly.

I invoke natd thus, from the startup scripts (line copied from 'ps -ax'):
/sbin/natd -config /etc/natd.conf -n ed0

/etc/natd.conf reads thus:
# Forward Battle Com packets to the windows box
# uses tcp & udp with possibility of ports 2300-2400
redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.55:2300-2400 2300-2400
redirect_port udp 10.0.0.55:2300-2400 2300-2400

Can anyone show me what I'm doing wrong?

Steve