Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2001 15:20:54 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        Ernst Terhardt <terhardt@ei.tum.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BUG report

Ernst Terhardt schrieb:

> Hello. Please excuse my misusing the 'questions' mail box for a bug
> report. I am new with FreeBSD
> and have not yet configured it for sending e-mail. This is what happened
> to me a few minutes ago when
> I was playing with FreeBSD:
>
> I put a RW CD of unknown contents into the drive and tried
>
> mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom
>
> This had the dramatic effect of a fatal system crash (with a kernel
> message starting with a 'trap 12 ...'
> story), followed by an automatic reboot. Apparently, in the course of
> rebooting the root partition was somehow repaired (at least I hope so).

Me too. Checked with both scsi and atapi CD-ROMs. I just filed a problem
report. I agree mounting an audio CD is a silly thing to do, but it
should never, ever crash the system.

Just my EUR.02
-Christoph Sold

FYI: to file a problem report when e-mail is not yet configured, use the
web interface at http://www.FreeBSD.org/send-pr.html