Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:24:32 +1100
From:      Christopher Vance <vance@aurema.com>
To:        Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: staroffice52

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 07:23:22PM +0000, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
: I am running StarOffice52 on this weekends -STABLE and it is
: still working as well or badly as ever.

Yes.  I wasn't wanting "power" stuff, just something more robust than
mozilla, and slightly more capable than gnumeric.  I have noticed that
staroffice files tend to be even bigger than the MS formats they
replace.

: Though I am running gnome desktop now, it is not needed for
: StarOffice.

I know.  It mentions kde during install.  I tried both.

: Did you try to do a
: # make deinstall && make clean && make install
: in staroffice's ports directory?

Sort of.  I actually did something more like:
	pkg_delete ...; make install

I'm not sure about the clean, though I probably had to do it to get
make past the .stamp files it keeps...

I could mv my local and X11R6 aside and reinstall things from scratch
off the 4.* CDROMs, to see if it's any better, although that requires
installing from earlier CDROMs before using later ones.  (Not
everything I use is on every release, and it's nasty having an older
set of prerequisites overwrite lovingly crafted updates to them.)
It's a good thing I've been doing "make package" recently.

Or I could just revert to my old story "I can't read that at home,
you'll have to wait until I'm at work".

Anyway, vielen Dank for the reply.

--
Christopher Vance