Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 07:09:38 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        "Young" <young@richardson.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where to get assistance ??

Please keep all replies cc'd to questions

On 25 Aug 99, at 22:21, Young wrote:

> There is a sample script at http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/ppp.htm and
> links to the various ppp resources.
>

> I already found that script ..... but totally in the dark about how to get
> it in my box,  exactly where to put it, and how to use it . I'm thinking i
> might just have to take a day or so to type all that stuff in as I would
> take that long to mess around with mounting a floppy anyway :(

There is stuff in the handbook about floppies.  To mount a floppy:

# mkdir floppy (only need to do this the first time)
# mount /dev/fd0 /floppy

but remember to umount /floppy before ejecting the floppy.

to retrieve said script to your box:

fetch http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/ppp.conf.txt

if you are behind a firewall, you might have to do a "fetch -P
http://...etc"
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/freebsd/