Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 1995 20:29:36 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@trinity.radio-do.de>
To:        mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov (Michael C. Newell)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Odd X behaviour

> From: "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>
>
> I just upgraded to 2.0.5-Release from 1.1.5.1 on my main home system
> ("FBSD").  This system is connected via Ethernet to another system
> ("TEST1") running 2.0.5-Stable (as of about 2 weeks ago).  The -Stable
> system (test1) does not have a keyboard or monitor attached.  Before the
> upgrade I'd been using FBSD as an X terminal for access to TEST1 with no
> problems.
>
> Since upgrading I'm getting strange behaviour of X applications running
> on TEST1 displaying on FBSD.  In specific some applications don't respond
> to button presses, while others do.  For example, the sd utility runs
> just fine; I can double click sessions and/or press buttons and all works
> well.  On the other hand the vmix utility does not respond at all to
> pressing any buttons - the buttons do change colour when the mouse
> focueses on them, but clicking on the buttons has no effect.  The same is
> true of vat.
>
> Has anyone seen this problem?  Can anyone give me some hints?

I have seen this some time before, when switched from 1.1 to 2.0.5;

Check wether the numlock is active or not. If You have numlock
pressed, xterm and many other clients don't respond to mouse events as
one would expect.

This seems to be a generall X problem. This behaviour is reproducable
on Sun workstations too.

	-fn-