Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:41:49 -0900
From:      "Peter A. Giessel" <pgiessel@mac.com>
To:        Chad Gross <avatar4d@gmail.com>
Cc:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.2/AMD64: supports TYAN Tomcat n3400B motherboard?

On 2006/12/13 8:31, Chad Gross seems to have typed:
> If this is the case than why not include a "Doesn't Work" list as well? That
> would stop the guessing on whether it doesn't work or hasn't been tested. If
> hardware doesn't appear on the "It Works" nor the "Doesn't Work" lists, than
> one can assume that it hasn't been tested.
>
> This could save a lot of headaches (and $$$).

Because it relies on user input.  Someone may have tried it and just
gave up instead of filing a PR.  Read the list, there are a lot that
say things like "Stops booting while accessing the SATA drives. Problems
with on-board ethernet." or "Random freezes with onboard SATA
controller, SATA-RAID not recognized. Onboard ethernet not recognized.
AGP not recognized."

That sounds like a "doesn't work" to me, however if the user just gives
up, nothing is going to be reported.

P.S. cross-posting two lists is bad form.