Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 20:41:47 -0800
From:      Josh Gilliam <josh@quick.net>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: spelling question

> > Sorry to spam this list, but I'm hoping some on this list are
> > particularly strong in spelling.  Is ``corelation'' really an accepted
> > spelling?  It in my Random House dictionary, WWWebster Dictionary
> > (http://www.m-w.com/netdict.htm), nor Solaris's dict/words.  If not, I
> > want to remove these spellings from our dict/words.
>
> You can ask altavista which spelling is prefered by the
> majority of the Internet users. If the ratio is less than 1:10
> both spellings are accepted.

Hmm. That ratio seems a bit 'high' to judge incorrect usage.

(current)
Berkeley Standard Distribution: 205
Berkeley Software Distribution: 1926

(23 Apr 1998)
Berkeley Standard Distribution: 191
Berkeley Software Distribution: 724

(Correct usage is Berkeley Software Distribution, of course.)

--
Josh Gilliam                    <josh@quick.net>
6745 Washington Ave #198          1 626 968 5232