Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 1995 19:41:47 -0800
From:      rsoles@SIRIUS.COM (Roger L Soles)
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: SQL for Freebsd

I'd be interested to hear what king of success you have, and what
version of Oracle you try.

Oracle does not tend to use a great deal of the OS, so it might
be reasonable -- it comes down to binary compatability.  For 386
Unix, you only have a shot for Solaris, Unixware, SCO, and Dynix
(if memory serves).

- Roger

>> I am investigating replacements for a soon to be expired SCO box
>> running Oracle.  I'm convinced at the viability of FreeBSD as a
>> production UNIX OS.  But I was wondering what SQL implementations are
>> available?
>
>I believe SCO Oracle will run under FreeBSD; the install will be a
>bugger, and you may need /dev/socket support (an easy port from
>Linux but not included because of GPL).
>

>					Terry Lambert
>					terry@cs.weber.edu
>---
>Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my present
>or previous employers.

// Roger L Soles
// PO Box 280785
// San Francisco, CA  94124-0785