Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 18:53:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, rosti@surfree.net.il, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Trevor Johnson wrote:

>> > Are the fixed in Netscape 4.74 bugs not critical for release?
>>
>> Who knows? I don't know of any changelog for Netscape.
>
>The release notes are at
>http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/4.7/relnotes/unix-4.74.html#whatnew .
>The only change that looks like it applies to us is a new feature to
>delete all your e-mail when exiting the program.  I haven't tried it, but
>it seems to me that making an alias like
>
>	alias netscape='/usr/local/bin/netscape && rm -rf ~/nsmail/*'
>
>or putting something similar in your .logout would achieve the same thing.

 If you are talking about Expunging, I believe to netscape that means
it actually goes through and deletes the emails that you have
deleted... (uhh..) When I used to use netscape for my email, netscape
wouldn't release hard disk space when you delete emails until you empty
trash *and* run expunge.  Why deleting from trash doesn't do it, I don't
know, but netscape got to be too buggy for me to use for an email client
about a year ago.