Date:      Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:06:28 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
Cc:        Don Lewis <truckman@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Subject:   Re: Odd performance problem (hitching)

--nextPart1396738.PM6v8rSiWg

On Friday 09 September 2005 02:55, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > I had a similar problem with XFCE4's battery/temp monitor applet.  I
> > think my freeze was about every 6-10seconds.
>
> I've also had a problem with gnome's battery monitor producing long
> "hitches" every several seconds.

Hmm.. with the KDE monitor disabled it appears to be happening every 30=20
seconds now.

It's odd because the KDE monitor is set for every 5 seconds..

I note that if I do 'acpiconf -i 1' it will hitch, but if I do it again soo=
n=20
afterwards it won't. I don't have a second battery -  perhaps the hitching =
in=20
that case was related to looking for it, and the ACPI stuff was caching (fo=
r=20
a short period) the no-battery information.

Now to find the source of the 30 second hitches :)

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum