Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:35:27 +0100
From:      AG <computing.account@googlemail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD7.2 + Debian testing ("Squeeze") dual boot

Hello all

I've been tempted for quite some years now to try FreeBSD, so I am
wanting to dual-boot the most up-to-date version (which I *think* is
7.2?) with Debian (cn: Squeeze) on an AMD Sempron Dual Core 2300 sata
machine, with a Debian configuration on /home.

This is a project that I am going to be playing with over the next few
months, so know that I have lots of reading to do, and the calibre of
FreeBSD docs looks impressive.  Kudos.  At this point, I'm just wanting
to do a bit of straw poll about these systems playing together,
especially around the UID on /home/* and whether that poses a problem
accessing the same files from different OSs?  Just interested in general
thoughts and opinions, if people are cool with that.

Thanks

Anton