Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:09:13 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        "Matt M." <matt@boda.virtualave.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup 3.4-release to -current

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 09:21:13PM -0800, Matt M. wrote:
> Just wondering what potential problems I am facing by going from
> 3.4-release to -current. I was told on irc that my chances may not be
> well.

You should read /usr/src/UPDATING (for -CURRENT). I won't say you shouldn't
use it since 4.0-RELEASE is probably going out within a month, and bugs
need to be worked out.

However, I wouldn't upgrade if I was using that particular machine for
production purposes. My -CURRENT box can crash to hell for all I care. My
-STABLE will stay -STABLE since it needs to be depended on.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>