Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:08:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      Riccardo Torrini <riccardo@torrini.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   usb product identified as ugen

A friend of mime give me (only for some days) an external
usb hard disk device (a normal ide 2.5" with an interface
from ide to usb, self powered).

When I attach I got this info, I need it show as umass to
mount the msdos (fat32) file system on it, right?

Need I some special kernel configuration?  Like adding the
scsi subsystem or that misterious device is not supported?
Or other stuff that don't get loaded automagically?

(I manually wrapped long lines)

# usbdevs -v -d
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), \
        VIA(0x0000), rev 1.00
  uhub0
 port 1 powered
 port 2 addr 2: full speed, power 400 mA, config 1, \
        product 0x07d1(0x07d1), ScanLogic(0x04ce), rev 1.05
   ugen0

TIA,
Riccardo.