Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:23:03 +0400
From:      "Yuriy Tsibizov" <Yuriy.Tsibizov@gfk.com>
To:        "Rick" <probsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: SB Live 5.1 Digital - sysctl ?

> Is there a sysctl switch to change between digital and analog=20
> mode on the emu10kx driver for the SB Live 5.1 Digital sound=20
> card yet? For now I have been manually changing line 2510 of=20
> emu10kx.c  from "emumix_set_mode(sc, def_mode);" to=20
> "emumix_set_mode(sc, MODE_DIGITAL);" every week when I csup=20
> the latest sources. I feel this would be a great addition.

I'm working on final testing of my patches. Changes include full use of
FreeBSD mixer=20
(no more dev.emu10kx.0._XXXXXX sysctls) and mode switch. There will be
no support=20
of 5.1 on Live! cards, unfortunately (I have this card but can't get 5.1
sound out of it).=20

I hope to push it into CVS before 7.0.

Yuriy