Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 19:29:51 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Igor Nikolaev <igor@pu.ru>, tomppa@fidata.fi
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv and milenniumIIagp

Amancio Hasty:
 |It is probably a bug in the X server reporting the wrong pitch.

Nah, the pitch is right, or he (and Tomi, Michael, etc.) would see this:

                       ----------------------
                      /                     /
                     /                     /
                    /                     /
                   /                     /
                  /                     /

Remember the same pitch I get from XFree86 and use for the upper-left DMA
address calculation is what I pass to the driver for it to use when bumping
the DMA target address to the next scan line.

>From Tomi & Michaels info, sounds like the base address of the memory
aperture XFree86 returns is wrong (X pixels behind where it really is, "X"
varying depending on the desktop width).  This is consistent with Igor's
pic (rectangular image), but there's more going on there (30 columns of
pixel data is being tossed into a bit bucket somewhere).

Randall