Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 1995 15:04:11 -0800
From:      "Steve Galle" <steveg@wavefront.wti.com>
To:        mikepery@mcs.com (Mike Perry), questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Congradulations on A good job with the DOC's

On Mar 6, 11:47am, Mike Perry wrote:
> Subject: Congradulations on A good job with the DOC's
> I am so pleased with the easy-to-find info on how to install FreeBSD.
> "EASY for experts and novices alike" It was very inclusive and detailed.
> The step-by-step instalation features were the best I've ever seen. I am so
> pleased. I read the doc on how to install it and BAM I was up and running.

Yeah, me too! I was amazed at how easy it could be to set up a unix system on
my PC. I mean, I was all set to tackle a Real Struggle(tm). Imagine my surprise
when it went so smoothly!

>    By now you should have figured out that this is blatent sarcasm. I

Oh?

> looked for three days for the install documentations and found NONE. I have
> read 10 pages of SHIT and still don't have a single command on how to set
> up FreeBSD on ANY SYSTEM!!!! This is the worst case I have seen so far.

Oh, Boy, this is starting to look like bait. I mean, this looks a LOT like
bait. Or is it actually serious?

> All of the files to install are scattered through the FTP site and there
> is no DOC on how to collect them and which ones were manditory. I tried your
> WWW sites, your info@freebsd.org service, your FTP docs, your FAQs, your
> manual pages, etc. It seems to be a national secret or something.

Uhh, hhhhh, hhhhh, umm, BEVIS?
Mandatory docs? EH? I don't know how you could consider a doc mandatory. Maybe
you know more than me. Docs that I needed you would not. I found the
installation to be straightforward enough. I would have been upset if I had
downloaded a zillion useless 'mandatory' docs and not needed them.

> Please send me the top-secret info on how to install FreeBSD 2.0. I can keep
> secret.
>
>              Mike Perry,
>                 That felt good.
>
>-- End of excerpt from Mike Perry

If you want help then you should post messages that describe your problem in a
little bit more detail, and in a manner that makes people want to help.
Postings like this do nothing but make you look severely immature and do little
to solicit help.

		Steve Galle,
		    That felt GERRRRATE!!!

now off to get some more coffee...