Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:16:09 -0500
From:      Rik Scarborough <RikSca@kc.rr.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Nvidia resolution problem

I cannot get the resolution for X above 800x600 (although I'm not sure,
it could be one smaller than that).  The main problem is I can't see all
the dialogs for KDE; they won't fit on the screen.

I've upgraded the box to FreeBSD 4.8 release.  I've uninstalled and
reinstalled XFree86 to the latest ports (the overall port is
XFree86-4.3.0,1).  I'm using the driver from the ports.

the Display section has the following modes:
    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

Any ideas on how to increase the resolution?

Thanks,

~Rik