Date:      Sun, 29 Mar 2009 22:13:34 +0200
From:      Gustau Perez <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] amd64 suspend/resume code to be comitted

> Then, it is something else, e.g., acpi_video(4).  You can try setting
> debug.acpi.disabled="video" in /boot/loader.conf for example.
>
> Jung-uk Kim

    Sorry for the delay. Tried loading acpi_video in /boot/loader.conf.
After having a terminal, I checked the available mibs with sysctl -a |
grep acpi.video. Only get hw.acpi.reset_video. The man page didn't throw
the waited ray of light :)

   I also tried suspending from the terminal, without X's running. I
tried vbetool (dpms off/on and post). I wasn't brave enought to try
vbestate save and restore.

   Finally I decided it was time to use all the arsenal available :) so
I decided to remove everything not necessary. So usb and friends,
firewire, cbb and pccard, if_bge, if_rum, snd_hda and nouveau were
removed from the kernel. Tried going single user mode, remove them and
acpiconf -s 3. Guess what happened :)

   Checking messages doesn't show anything unsual. But if you want them
or if I can try others things to debug, let me know.

   Greets,

   Gustau