Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:12:55 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        death <death@southcom.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, USB BSD list <usb-bsd@egroups.com>
Subject:   Re: Netcomm Roadster II USB (AM5050) Modem

There is some preliminary support for modems available although not yet
in the kernel in 4.0.

Check out

	http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/usb/usb.pl

download

	http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/usb/ucdc.c

and merge it into your kernel config using the patch that is given there
as well. The driver does not work yet, or at least, I can only talk one
way to the device because somehow transfers get lost. But I will be
working on this this week.

Let me know whether your modem is attached by the ucdc driver.

There is preliminary USB support in 3.2 and non at all in 2.2.x.

Check the page for updates once in a while. I try to keep Project Status
slightly up to date.

Nick

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, death wrote:

 > Hi!
 >
 > I was wondering if anybody knew if FreeBSD (any version) supports USB
 > modems or this modem (Netcomm Roadster II USB AM5050) in particular?
 >
 > And also, would anybody know just what the deal with USB is? Would all
 > modems use the same way to communicate via USB or does there have to be a
 > different driver for every device and every OS?
 >
 > And! If there was a need for a seperate driver of some sort, would anybody
 > out there want to make one? :P
 >
 > Cheers
 >
 >    death

ISIS/STA, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy