Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:58:32 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oboard ES1373 sound chip

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Max Khon wrote:
Well, I stupid boy forgot that things are never quite the  way they seem ...
/dev/MAKEDEV snd0 did the task and now I can hera some music :-)

Oliver
:>hi, there!
:>
:>On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, O. Hartmann wrote:
:>
:>> I have a mainboard with onboard sound chip ES1373 (as a PCI device).
:>> I use device pcm0 in kernel and I got  response while booting:
:>>
:>> pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1371> port 0xfcc0-0xfcff irq 17 at device 2.0 on pci0
:>>
:>> But I can not run any kind of amp, x11amp or othe sound-based software,
:>> I cannot do /dev/MAKEDEV /dev/pcm0. Is 1373 chip not yet supported or is
:>> anything wrong in my doing?
:>
:>work here like a charm on 4.1-STABLE. which FreeBSD version do you use?
:>how do amp, x11amp etc. complain? Are you sure you have maked all the
:>devices? (cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV snd0)
:>
:>/fjoe
:>